THE LAODICEAN HERESY
- "And unto the Angel of the church of the Laodiceans write: These things says the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God: I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot: I would you were cold or hot.
- So then because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spit you out of my mouth.
- Because you say, I am rich, and increased with goods, and in need of nothing: and know not that you are wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.
- I counsel you to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that you may be rich: and white raiment, that you may be clothed, and that the shame of your nakedness does not appear; and annoint your eyes with eyesalve, that you may see.
- As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten; be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold I stand at the door, and knock; if any man hears my voice; and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
- To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches."
- - Revelation 3:14-22
- "Blessed is the man that walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the way of sinners. But, his delight will be in the word of the Lord."
- - Psalm 1:1
- "Blessed are you, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
- Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men."
- - Matthew 5:11